Monday, August 10, 2009

Frustrated

I'm not good at waiting. My new license number has still not arrived and I am starting to get a little frustrated. Each day at 1:00pm I check the mail hopeful that today will be the day. Seeing the mail truck pull up on our street is the highlight of my day. But my excitement quickly turns to disappointment when the mailbox is full of junk ads or mislabeled mail or sometimes no mail at all, that is the worst.

I'm starting to run out of projects. The house is mostly in order, I had house guests over the weekend so everything is already clean and neat. There really isn't much to do. I feel like I need to join a club or find a new hobby. I've never had this much down time ever before. I've never not been in school or working before!

Greg has been so supportive through all of this. He has been the sole provider and never complained about it once. I know he is ready to have me working so I can share some of our financial responsibilities, like the mortgage! Life will be less stressful once we are a two person income. I can't wait.

But, since I have no choice in the matter, I will continue to play the waiting game while stalking the mail man until my letter comes and the next chapter can begin.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ugh, I know exactly how you feel. I have been waiting for mine since the 21st of July, and it just finally came...today! Thank goodness because I need a job so bad it's ridiculous. Having trouble though, a lot of trouble. Everyone wants a nurse with experience, but I don't have that yet. The only way to get it is to start working! That's actually why I called you, to see if you knew of any doctor's or clinics or facilities that need an LPN, and if you could put in a good word for me. That was the favor I wanted to ask you. Sorry I haven't called you back. Let me know either way if you think of anything. Try not to stress about your license and just enjoy the down time while you have it. It will come. Also, you can check to see if it's been issued on the state board of nursing website everyday, that's how I found out mine had been issued. It was posted on there last Thursday and I didn't get my license until today. Hang in there! Miss you!

Katie B. said...

I hope it comes soon! I don't gaduate for a year but I'm already anxious about getting a job :(

Good luck with the job search!

Brett and Rachel said...

This seems like it has been a forever process and I'm not even involved in it! Sorry it's been such a pain in the butt, but hopefully it will all be worth it when that little paper finally shows up. In the mean time, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

SloneFamily said...

Thank You for the sweet comment. Enjoy your time off, because I am sure once you get started you are coing to be one busy girl! Take Care Girl :)

Music Box