Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkins shouldn't come from Walmart

This past weekend was full of fall. It made think back to last October, when Greg and I were living in the middle of east Texas (aka: the middle of nowhere), and feel really grateful for how far we've come.

Last year we drove to Walmart and picked our pumpkins from a large cardboard bin. Last year I hung a flying witch from our from porch, I swear the neighbors thought we were some kind of crazy devil worshipers. I was the only house in our entire neighborhood with any Halloween decor. Last year I bought a giant bag of candy, but was hugely disappointed when we only got one lonely trick or treater.

This year we picked our pumpkins on a farm! Imagine that! We even took a hay ride and got lost in a corn maze while we were there! I decorated our house with my flying witch, a new sound activated ghost, cobwebs, and glowing spiders in the front window! I am probably one of the least decorated houses in my neighborhood. I am loving all this Halloween spirit. This is my kind of place! Can't wait to see what our trick or treater turn out will be :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! I'm glad you're really enjoying your new home. That sounds like my kind of neighborhood. I would just die for a great pumpkin patch around here that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Brett and Rachel said...

Hehe! I totally agree! I keep trying to convince Brett to take me to a pumpkin patch, and he keeps trying to convince me to just pick one up from the grocery store. :)

Lani said...

Every time I see people getting pumpkins at Fry's I think of this post!

Music Box