Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Need a Glow

Well friends, wedding season is upon us! I love weddings and I LOVE shopping for dresses to wear to weddings! So I have been shopping up a storm on every day that I've had off for the last week and a half trying to get ready for some upcoming events. Unfortunately, my dress buying skills are not as sharp as my car buying skills and I've been a bit indecisive. I've been to all of my favorite stores and tried on way too many dresses.

This morning I got super lucky and found two good options. A cute little number from H&M and another dress, completely different at Lord & Taylor, so I bought both. Now here is the kicker. I have been living in the snow for the last 6 months and believe it or not I started to blend in. I am pasty. The sun has started to come out now that it is spring but I don't know if I am going to be able to lay out in our backyard enough before our first wedding engagement in just 10 short days. This could be a problem.

No matter which dress I end up wearing I am going to need some degree of bronzy glow in order to pull it off. I have never, NEVER in my life, fake n' baked. I have used Dove Energy Glow lotion in the past but it takes time to build up and is very subtle. It's great to use on arms and legs but then the rest of you is still white. So what is the best (and healthiest) way to get a natural looking tan (that is NOT orange)????? If you are a tanning expert please help me!

Isn't this cool??? I want one.

4 comments:

Lani said...

I will be checking back to see what people say, because I have fewer than 50 days to even out my tan lines before the wedding and refuse to fake 'n' bake, too! If you have had good results with the Dove lotion, I will have to try it.

Madeline @ Food, Fitness, Family said...

Go to a spray tan place! As long as you exfoliate and shave before you go and put ample lotion on your hands and feet you will be fine. Choose a medium shade so you don't get too dark. The kicker is that you don't want to shower for like 8 hours after because you want it to soak in. It shouldn't rub off on your sheets - I normally go in the afternoon and sleep in it before showering in the morning. Instant results and should last like 4 days solid with fading glow for a week!

Morgan said...

I agree with your friend above... go get a spray tan. However, if you have time before your events go get a "practice" one. And make sure you use the barrier cream between your fingers and toes and on your knuckles!

Katie B. said...

Spray tan! It is amazing, trust me the Minnesota weather has not been good for my tan. Don't do mystic - I've heard awful things about it. My place does Versa. It's great - just make sure you stay mosturized, i.e. put lotion on every morning. Lasts for about a week and a half. I'll be getting one for a wedding I'm the MOH for in May. Good luck!

Music Box