Monday, October 25, 2010

Making an Effort

Last week we received a random magazine in the mail that was filled with fall cookie recipes. Typically, I'm not the baking type. I really enjoy cooking but baking is too exact. I'm just not a fan so I usually cheat and use mixes. I'm a little embarrassed about revealing this secret, but read on, I think I may have just redeemed myself.

I decided to make some Halloween treats for my grown up neighbors and that is exactly what I set out to do...three days ago. Yes, embarrassing confession number 2, it took me 3 days to bake cookies. I am exhausted but very proud! I gave these cookies my very best effort. They are beautiful and rather delicious! Still, I am exhausted. I don't know that there will be any home made Christmas cookies in my future, baking from scratch once a year is plenty!

Pumpkin Pecan Spice Cookies, Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Cranberry Walnut Pinwheel Cookies
I do love Fall.

3 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Those look delicious! You should definitely bake more often if your cookies turn out like that! : )

Unknown said...

Look at you! Those look amazing! YUM!

I love to bake--AND eat what I bake--that's my problem!

Lisa Marie said...

I love your tree out back! The only thing bad about AZ this time of year is that our leaves don't change colors. Yours are looking so pretty and pink!

Music Box