Monday, January 5, 2009

Ketchup

I know I have a lot of "catching up" (maybe you got this from my title, maybe not) to do...so much has happened in the last couple of weeks! Let me just give you a little run down. First, I turned 24 on Christmas Eve, then we celebrated Christmas with my family in Mesa, then we went to Tucson and celebrated Christmas with Greg's family, then we got on a plane and flew back to Texas and "celebrated" (I use this term loosely) New Year's Eve, then we got in our Uhaul and drove 1000 miles to our (new) new house, I'll explain in a minute, in Chicago. AND we made this all happen in a matter of 9 days! First let me provide some promised pictures to capture all these events and then I'll explain some of the craziness we experienced!




Here is a little moment from my birthday/Christmas celebration in Mesa

Now we're in Tucson for Christmas



There is the clock being opened!



Now we're back in Texas, and yes, this is me on New Year's Eve cleaning the stove!



Our (new) new house! This picture can be deceiving (it was taken in the summer), our lawn is not green, it is brown and white with snow.


Sadie making herself comfortable in the new place :)


Now I have to explain why this is our (new) new place and not simply just our new house. We had a house lined up to move into weeks ago in Romeoville (sounds nice huh?), but the day before we were supposed to move our landlord calls and says the house did not pass inspection (in was just remodeled) and we can not move in until they "fixed a few things". This could take a week or longer!!! Well Greg had to start work on Monday (today) and we were not about to wait that long. Soooo...we ditched the new house and several phone calls later got in touch with a realtor that said she had a nice house 3bd 2.5 ba for rent in Plainfield. Sounds great! I asked her to send a few pics and the lease so we could rent it. She sent this picture above of the house with the green grass. Looks good we thought! We didn't ask a lot of questions because we just needed a place to live.


When we pulled up to the house we were very pleased, just as we had expected minus the green grass. When we walked in the front door, we were shocked. The house is...well the best word is, ginourmous! I did not ask about the square footage in my mad rush to put a roof over our heads. This 2200sq ft monster is all ours and we don't even have enough furniture to fill 3 rooms. But, I do not start work for 2 weeks and I have made it my mission to fill this house with bargain items from craigslist :) So...if you find yourself in Chicago and need a place to stay or if you want to come visit us, we have a guest bedroom and a basement big enough to fit a small class room of children.

2 comments:

SloneFamily said...

What a nice surprise! Better to be surrounded in space than the opposite. Sounds like you had a busy holiday. I love the pic of you scrubbing the stove on New Years EVE, it's like that's what it comes to, huh?

B, the medical student said...

Wow, the house looks great! I know how you feel not having enough furniture. As far as your question, right now I'm interested in going into pediatrics, but I'm still open to see if anything else particularly catches my interest. I've also thought about med/peds, which is a 4 year residency program where you end up certified to do both internal/adult medicine and pediatrics, but I haven't decided if I like adults enough yet. :-) Third year I'll get a chance to really see if that's what I want...all I really know is I do not want the surgery lifestyle.

Music Box