Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goodbye First Trimester

Today I am 14 weeks pregnant. Some people say the first trimester is over at the end of the 12th week, and others would argue it is the end of the 13th week. Either way, the 1st third of my pregnancy is officially complete. I noticed the change in my symptoms right at week 12. It was almost like someone had pressed a button allowing my unpleasant symptoms to magically subside. I can not express how thrilled I am to have the 1st trimester behind me. I will not miss the:
-nausea
-barfing
-loss of apetite
-constant worry/anxiety
-zombie like fatigue
-20 nightly trips to the bathroom
-migraine headaches












The second trimester has brought on many new (more pleasant) experiences:
-extreme hunger attacks
-an intense love for salty foods
-reduced worry
-3 maybe 5 nightly trips to the bathroom
-my new bedtime of 8:30
-much more energy
-my highly emotional mushy side
-my round BELLY!

3 comments:

The Cali Family said...

Congrats!! Isn't the 2nd trimester the best? Enjoy the energy!! It is the best 3 months. I hope you continue to feel great through the whole 9 though! For me, any bad symptoms that came with month 7 and 8 went away for the ninth month...it was great! :)

Megan Swiatkowski said...

2nd trimester is the BEST! Glad you're out of the first and that you're feeling better. So excited to hear what you're having. Are you going to find out?

Lisa Marie said...

Hooray for the 2nd trimester! That first one is a killer.

Music Box