Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Belated Anniversary

Our 2nd wedding anniversary was on May 23rd. I feel terrible not to have properly documented this anniversary but life with an infant is a little chaotic. I was describing our anniversary "celebration" to someone and was encouraged to write down our experience because they thought it would be a funny memory to reflect on.

Sorry in advance that there are not any pictures...I'm sure you will understand. I woke up on the morning of our anniversary not feeling quite right. I didn't get a lot of sleep because Gwyneth had been up every hour wanting to eat. Already, I was off to a cranky start. Greg had spent the night in the guest room trying to get some sleep because he had a big meeting that day. He woke up all fresh and rested. I was admittedly a little resentful of his long uninterrupted snooze fest but gave him my best "Happy Anniversary!"

As the day progressed I began to feel worse. I knew I was sleep deprived but this was something more. Greg called that afternoon to announce he would be bringing home a fancy dinner. I was relieved that there would be no cooking in my kitchen that evening!

I heard Greg walk in the door just as I had finally put all my symptoms together. Gwyneth was starting to fuss, it was almost 7 o'clock and time for her nightly meltdown. I fed Gwyn and then headed down stairs to greet Greg, he had a lovely dinner set up in the dining room with flowers.

I felt terrible. "I have to go to the doctor," I told him. I knew why I felt so bad...I had a terrible UTI. I handed over the fussy baby and ran for my car keys. I spent the evening in after hours care and poor Greg ate the fancy dinner alone bouncing Gwyn with one arm.

The following night we had a proper celebration and watched our wedding video. Life is certainly different with a baby, but I wouldn't change a thing :)

No comments:

Music Box