Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grandpa & Gwyn

This past week Greg was in Houston for a training course put on by his company. The idea of taking care of Gwyn 24/7 without Greg seemed like a daunting task for me. We knew there would be lots of family members excited to meet Gwyn so I asked for a volunteer to come stay with us while Greg was away.

Gwyneth is the first grandchild for my parents. My father has been anticipating the arrival of his grand daughter since we announced we were expecting (maybe even before!!). Needless to say, he and his wife happily volunteered to keep us company.

On day one of their visit, my dad could not contain his excitement and ran out to purchase this giant bear for Gwyn. I had a large brown bear when I was growing up and I loved it. I'm sure Gwyn will love her bear too when she is a little bigger. In the meantime, I'm not sure where we are supposed to keep Mr. Bear!!

This is one happy Grandpa!
Thank you Dad and Goli for giving me an extra hand this past week!

2 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Your dad looks so happy and proud! I haven't seen him in so long. Thank you for sending us an announcement, it is beautiful.

Brett and Rachel said...

Weston has that same huge bear, and I LOVE it! Brett was wondering if I bought if for Weston, or for me. He'll never know... :) That pic of Gwyneth and your dad is priceless!

Music Box