Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Right Place at the Right Time!

Yesterday Greg and I went to his company's fall picnic. This is a huge event and all the offices from all over Texas were there. Greg and I were wandering around not sure what to do with ourselves because all the activities and entertainment were meant for children and as you all know...we don't have any!

Greg saw a familiar face, the VP of his office here in Tyler, and we decided to sit with him and his family. I had met his wife and two daughter's once before and they are a very sweet family. A minute later and very large man came over and said hello to Greg's superior and then turned and introduced himself to Greg and I. He said his name was "Luke" and he asked Greg how things were going.

For those of you who don't know, Greg is about to finish up his last rotation of his two year training program (the reason we move so frequently). It is almost time for him to be placed in a permanent location! So Luke asks Greg where he'd like to end up??? He told this Luke guy that he had really enjoyed his time in the California offices. I'm not going to quote the entire conversation but basically Luke tells Greg that they need people to go out to California. I'm a little dazed and confused at this point. We didn't think there was much of a chance to go back to California and this man has given me new hope! All I know is "Luke" is my new best friend and my hero!!!

It turns out that Luke is the Vice President of USA Operations for Greg's company. He's "the man" if you will, and he gave Greg his card and said to email him on Monday to talk about his future with the company. I'm not sure if this will actually lead to a permanent position for Greg out in California but everyone please cross your fingers!

5 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

That is so awesome!! Like they say, it's not about what you know, it's about who you know.

Megan Swiatkowski said...

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett and Rachel said...

Amelia, Wow! It's been so long. I'm stumbling across all sorts of different blogs tonight! This is Rachel (Jones) Blaser, btw. It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Congrats on the engagement!

Bonnie said...

Hooray Amelia! That would be so amazing for the two of you, see how God takes care of us! I'm so happy for you guys, it makes life so much better when you get to live in your perfect place. Congrats! Let me know where it ends up being in CA.

Unknown said...

How amazing is that! California is a great place to live and VISIT!

Music Box