Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Traditions

This will be my second Christmas with the Polheber family and I have to say it is difficult finding a balance between our families during the holidays. With my dad and brother in Mesa and Greg's family in Tucson sometimes it feels like the holiday is spent on the I-10 somewhere in between! Not to mention my mom is all the way in Santa Barbara...that visit isn't going to happen this year.

We feel very lucky to have such loving families that want to spend time with us but seeing everyone isn't always easy. I'm going home to Mesa a couple days before Greg so I can hang out with my dad and brother for my birthday (Christmas Eve), then it's off to Tucson.

The Polhebers have this fun tradition where all the adults draw names and then have to make a gift for the person they drew. We draw names on Christmas and then have all year to make the gift.

I started working on my gift about a month ago and just finished last week. The holidays are always so busy and I definitely didn't have time to make an extravagant gift but I think it turned out pretty good.

I decoupaged the face of this clock with a bunch of family photos and then use some metallic brads to make the hours on the clock. I wish I had more time to do projects like this!!!

3 comments:

Brett and Rachel said...

Amelia, I LOVE it! So cute! I love doing fun crafty projects...especially when they help add decor to my house. I might have to copy you with a few family pics of my own! Oh, and what a GREAT gift idea.

Unknown said...

you did such a good job on the clock! It turned out adorable!

Morgan said...

That's such a cute idea! I love it.

Music Box