Friday, April 1, 2011

We moved....

...next door!

My old room was directly across from the nurses' station and every morning at 7am (shift change) there was a loud cackling from the nursing staff as they settled in and exchanged report. Usually, I am up pretty early but lately I've had trouble falling back to sleep after my 3am meds/vitals so I've been getting a little grumpy with all the noise. This morning my very thoughtful nurse mentioned that the patient in the very coveted corner room had delivered as was moving upstairs to mother/baby. She offered me the corner room as a quieter option.

The corner room is tucked away off the path of the main hall. Not only is this room MUCH quieter, it is gianormous with a gianormous bathroom. I also have a new view which happens to be very pretty. Another fun surprise is that my new bed inflates to adjust to points of pressure...this is an amazing feature. I can't believe they've had beds like this the whole time and I never knew about them. I'm pretty sure my last bed was at least 10 years old. The mattress was caved in even before my large butt landed on it.

The only negative I can come up with is that the TV is in an odd spot. I had a feeling this might be a bigger issue for Greg than it was for me. So I asked the nurse if it was possible to move the large blue Lazboy, that Greg has been lounging in, from our old room to the new one. The chair is massive but it is on wheels. I'm glad I asked, the chair easily moved with us and I know Greg will be excited when he sees it in our new place!

I should probably post updates about baby too! Baby continues to impress our doctors and nurses with her stellar performances on the monitor everyday. They continue to use the words "active, happy, mature, content, and feisty" to describe her. Which makes me one happy mama! I keep telling everyone if baby is happy, I am happy. I have been told, on more than one occasion, that this will continue to be true well after she is born and may become the motto to my life. I have no doubt a happy baby equals happy parents.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Music Box