Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not so little anymore

Something about Gwyn's new top teeth make her seem so much older all of the sudden. My baby is looking more and more like a kid and I'm not sure how I feel about that! Today we had Gwyn's 9 months appointment with the pediatrician. She has grown longer and leaner. I am so thankful to have a happy healthy little girl that is growing right on track but a part of me wishes she would stay little forever.

How did this happen so quickly? The holidays are over and soon I'll be planning her 1st birthday, it just doesn't seem possible.

At nine months Gwyn is enjoying food. She loves to feed herself. She is still the happiest smiley-ist baby I've ever met. She loves the camera and doesn't hesitate to flash her big smile whenever I pull it out. She is on the move but not in the conventional "crawling" sort of way. Gwyn uses lots of maneuvers to get around the house...scooting, rocking, lunging/face planting and rolling to her destination of choice. Around 8 months she mastered maneuvering herself into a sitting position and loves to hang out on the floor with a good pile of toys or lunge after her zhuzhu pet (battery operated hamster).

At 6.5 months she sprouted her 2 bottom central teeth and just this week the 2 top centrals have cut through. I'm telling you there is something about those top teeth that make her look so much older and wiser! Her hair is coming in slow and steady and is still a sandy blonde color with a touch of red. We are now completely certain that those baby blue eyes are here to stay.

Gwyn is a very talkative little girl and loves to babble "mama" and "dada" all day long. She is also extremely ticklish and has a hearty yet girly laugh that is very contagious. We just can not get enough of this sweet girl. I can honestly say I cherish every moment and love being a mother more than any other job in the world!

No comments:

Music Box