Friday, January 20, 2012

Yogurt Cakes and Play Dates

Last Saturday Gwyn and I got together with all our mommy and baby friends for our monthly play date. We always look forward to this event. The babies change so much every month and they are all starting to interact with each other so much more now. This event is held breakfast potluck style and I decided to try out my new Strawberry Yogurt Cake recipe. I am happy to report it was a big hit!
The recipe was a little labor intensive (by my standards). Things like creaming butter and sugar, sifting flour, and zesting lemons are somewhat time consuming and did't sit well with my antsy little munchkin who is having serious separation anxiety these days! I also made a blueberry version during the week for Greg who didn't get to enjoy the strawberry cake before it got whisked away to the play group.
In my opinion, the strawberry cake was better and I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the recipe calling for butter instead of oil which was used in the blueberry cake. I ended up having to bake both cakes significantly longer (an additional 10-15 minutes) than what was suggested in the original recipes. These probably won't be go to recipes for me but I will keep them around on my pinboard for special events.

In other news Gywn started crawling this week! Woohoo! So proud of my little lady! She began with a few shakey "steps" on Saturday and has quickly built up her speed. She will now chase after me if I attempt to leave the room even for a quick bathroom break! Along with the crawling has come pulling up and standing. So after waiting until the very last minute, we finally baby proofed the house...how about that for procrastination! If any of my mommy friends have helpful tips for dealing with separation anxiety I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Music Box