Monday, January 30, 2012

Seriously delicious dessert

Thai food is one of my favorites. A few years ago Greg and I were enjoying some authentic Thai cuisine in an itty bitty restaurant in the North Park area of San Diego when I felt the need for dessert. We went with a wild suggestion from the waiter and ordered the "Mango Sticky Rice"...o...m...g.

Who would have thought rice could be so heavenly? I like mangoes as much as anyone else, but I never would have thought to order a "rice" dish for dessert.

Anyway, over the weekend I was browsing Pinterest on my phone, like the crazy obsessed person I have become, and lo and behold a recipe for Mango Sticky Rice. To my pure delight it was a super simple recipe, 4 ingredients, 20 mintues, Thank you Pinterest!!!
To keep with my Asian theme I made this chicken and shrimp dumpling soup for dinner. It was a restaurant quality recipe for sure if not better! Both recipes are here.

No comments:

Music Box