Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feeling Crafty

I've been working on some baby projects over the past couple of weeks that I want to share. When I first found out we were expecting I came across a "bird mobile" on Etsy that inspired the entire theme for our nursery...birds. After several google searches I actually found a free pattern for the fabric birds used in the mobile. Check it out here.

The image on the left is the original mobile I found online and the one on the right is my pink version.

To continue with the bird theme I found this adorable pattern for a bird pillow on Etsy. It was only $6, an amazing deal considering I got to customize the fabircs to match the room exactly. I definitely couldn't have found anything like this in a store!
I am currently working on refinishing a bookcase but my energy seems to be gone today (it is only 10am) and posting on the blog might just be all I can handle! We've been really busy with appointments lately and still have a pediatrician interview, neonatology consult, non stress test, and 1st baby care class to get through before the week is done...I'm pooped.

4 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Those are to die for cute!!! I can't wait to see the whole nursery when it's done. So creative! Those appointments sound exhausting! I can definitely empathize with you on that. Spoil yourself and make sure you take lots of naps!!! : )

Brett and Rachel said...

Oh Amelia! I LOVE LOVE it so far! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Unknown said...

Adorable!

I still have no energy-- it never comes back!

Lisa Marie said...

Super cute idea!!

Music Box