Friday, March 25, 2011

33 Weeks

One week in the hospital down! Yesterday we had an ultrasound and celebrated the fact that everything looks stable (baby does not appear to be trying to escape my womb :) My doctors were extremely pleased to see that all these contractions do not seem to be putting me in preterm labor...woohoo! So baby will continue cooking as planned. We are so relieved!

We also had another celebration yesterday. Greg's coworkers gave him a baby shower completely unannounced! I didn't know people had "man" showers but I'm so grateful for their generosity! We received so many nice gifts for baby. The couple weeks that I was home from the hospital on bedrest I made a short list for Greg so we would have the bare minimum...a pack of diapers, wipes, a few onesies, 2 bottles, some burp clothes, and a few receiving blankets. Seriously, those were our supplies! Now we are well equipped with things like a boppy pillow, baby monitor, diaper genie, hooded towels, a beautiful collection of blankets/clothing and so much more. The picture is one of 3 loads Greg brought up from his car...I am still in shock.

I've been told this was all organized by one administrative assistant who is currently more pregnant than I am (with her first baby...a girl). I kind of figured there must have been a woman behind all this, everything was exactly on track with what we needed. Plus, Greg works with a large group of men, mostly older men. Too bad they didn't take any pictures, I would have loved to have seen all these guys sitting around eating pink cake and passing around pink outfits! Back to the party planner. How can I possibly thank this woman enough for organizing all this? Maybe a house cleaning service as a thank you since she will be busy with her own little one very soon? What she did for us (in her 9th month of pregnancy!) was so thoughtful and I hope I get a chance to meet her!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Music Box