Monday, March 14, 2011

Sophisticated Pink

Our Nursery....
I feel incredibly lucky to have had theses last 2 weeks to put the finishing touches on the nursery. I am a planner and having this time was like therapy for me! Don't ask me how this nursery turned out so pink. I've never been a very "frilly" or "girlie" girl. For those of you who knew me as a child, I was the kid on the playground chasing the boys, playing kick ball, or attempting something unruly with the tetherball (most dangerous playground activity ever). I don't think I ever owned anything pink until I went to college.

Early on I pictured a nursery with primary colors, maybe red and yellow. But at Christmas we received a large package from Greg's family filled with pink baby clothes. At that point I knew it was inevitable, why fight the pink? I decided I could still have a pink nursery without going completely frilly fru fru princess. So this is the result. For a not so girlie girl, I feel quite comfy amongst all the pink and I hope Baby Girl likes it too!

7 comments:

Megan Swiatkowski said...

Love, love, love her nursery! It looks so wonderful. I'm glad you had the time to finish it up.

Lani said...

That IS pink! The birds, bedding, etc. aren't overly "girly," though, so it's a good combo :) Not overload!

The Cali Family said...

absolutely adorable! Nice work -- did you have the birds and tree painted for you? I love it. When we move into a house I actually get to paint a nursery for the first time, i can't wait.

Morgan said...

So darling. Good job!

Unknown said...

Absoluutely adorable! Love the pink.. It's the perfect amount--not overboard with it!

And you look amazing too!

Samantha said...

Your nursery looks awesome! I love the decals on the wall and glad that you were able to spend a couple of weeks at home. Good luck back in the hospital!

Lisa Marie said...

I LOVE the tree and birds on the wall. Totally cute.

Music Box