Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Oh how I have missed my bed! I have a new love and appreciation for my pillows too! The plastic pillows at the hospital covered by a paper thin pillow case just don't cut it when you are pregnant. Have I mentioned I sleep with 5 pillows at night?I have stolen all the fluffiest pillows from our bedrooms and left Greg with the older deflated versions...poor guy, he is so good to me. I have turned into a pillow hog but unfortunately that's what it takes these days for me to get into a comfortable position.

Even though I'm home, all the hospital rules and regulations apply. My only destination beyond my bed is the bathroom. Greg has taken on the role of my nurse! Today when he came home to make me lunch I told him I felt like a puppy, he can't leave me alone for more than 4-5 hours at a time and is constantly bringing me food and water.

After a miserable evening of painful contractions things have been very uneventful today. Hooray for boring! My only complaints are about the side effects from the nasty pills. Every time I take the nifedipine I get an insane headache and just as it starts to go away it is time for another pill! The other issue that I'm having is that it makes my skin red, hot and tender. Basically I look and feel like a sunburned pregnant lobster. My doc said this is common and not likely to go away...sweet.

I'm including a picture of my read blotchy hands for your enjoyment. There is no way I'm showing off my face but it you use your imagination and apply the color and pattern from the image below to what my face use to look like, you'll have the idea.
Baby girl is keeping with her standard routine. She likes to get an early start with her kick boxing around 5am. Then she typically has a good nap mid morning and is ready for some playtime again around lunch. Then a little more nap time because she has to get ready for the dance party that takes place in my uterus every night. I thought Greg's eyes were going to pop out of his head last night as he literally "watched" her stretch one of her little body parts way out beyond the normal limits of my round belly. She is very entertaining.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness girl! I haven't been on the computer for awhile and I missed your whole hospital event!

I hope she stays in there a bit longer.

Hang in there. I know bed rest sucks. Been there. Done that. For over 3 months!

YOu guys will be in our thoughts and prayer's.

Samantha said...

Hi Amelia,

Isn't it so nice to be home?? It sounds like I have been on my feet a little more than you have--am allowed to put together small meals in the kitchen but no cooking. Are you finding that it is harder to be home on bed rest than in the hospital? There are so many more distractions at home--which is both wonderful and frustrating at the same time. Every time I leave my probation station, I am terrified that baby is going to fall out! When do you have to go back to the hospital and when will you deliver? Good luck and enjoy your respite!

Music Box