Monday, March 7, 2011

Paypal is Dangerous

I've never been a huge online shopper but lately things have changed. I still have some loose end to tie up before this little one makes her entrance in the world and the internet just makes everything so accessible...maybe too accessible.

First item of business, art work for the nursery. The nursery is practically done. I am so glad I was able to get all my projects finished ahead of time, I had so much fun decorating and would have really been sad if I'd missed out on this experience. Unfortunately, finding baby art has been like looking for lost treasure! I wanted some very simple graphic art print and spent weeks searching online. Well I finally hit the jackpot with Poochie Prints. This website not only has adorable art, they frame it for you and ship it all for $5!!!

This is what I ordered. Cute right!?! Once it is on the walls there will be nursery pictures!
Next on the list, nursing bras. I am so thankful for all the awesome suggestions from my mom friends. It seems like there was an overwhelming positive response to the Bravado nursing bras so I went ahead and ordered one. I went for the "Cadillac" if you will of nursing bras, also know as the Bravado Original Double Plus. I determined the "double plus" was necessary after following an instructional video and taking my own measurements (not hard to do). I nearly fell over after calculating my new bust size, how did this happen, when did this happen? It appears I may have won the boobie lottery and was never informed. I have been in complete denial for some time wearing extra large camis with built in bras for months. While this bra is not the most attractive piece of under clothing that I have ever purchased it seems to be up for the task of keeping things "secure" up top, and yes it is pink just like the picture!
Obviously I spent quite a bit of time searching around for these items but once I was ready to purchase it was way too easy. I had set up a Paypal account a long time ago for something I bought on Ebay but I never use it. I was amazed to see that nearly all online stores offer the option to pay with Paypal. I never really paid attention to the concept of Paypal. You don't even have to get up and find a credit card, it literally pulls the funds directly from your bank account! It is very convenient but I could see this spiraling out of control...especially for a pregnant lady in nesting mode on bedrest. Does this not say recipe for disaster? I will be using all of my restraint to stick to shopping for "necessities" but I'm sure receiving these newly ordered goodies will only add fuel to my shopping fire!

No comments:

Music Box