Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Holy Heartburn

It hurts to lay down, it hurts to sit up. I am guilty of loving all foods spicy but I have completely revamped my diet in hopes of getting rid of this burning pain in my chest! Heartburn is new to me. Over the past week I've noticed it messing with me at night when I lay down to go to sleep. Today I seem to have it even when sitting straight up in bed.

I am very familiar with the wives tale that heartburn during pregnancy means you're having a hairy baby. I think it is probably accurate to assume this may be true for our little one. I had a full head of hair upon arrival and while Greg had less hair, he was not bald. It will be interesting to see if there is any link between this heartburn and the amount of hair coverage on our babe.

5 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

It was VERY true with me. I thought I had bad heartburn with baby #1 (he had a good head of hair when he came out) but with baby #2 the heartburn was TERRIBLE. His hair was so long it was ridiculous. I hope if we have a girl she has the same problem. Our kids hair grows so fast and they have so much. It looks super cute. I hope you guys have that same "problem". Hair is awesome, heartburn not so much.

Oh, papaya juice helps ease heartburn. Drink a small glass of it every day. It works better if you start drinking it before the heartburn starts, but it still helps to ease it if you start later on. Good luck!

Unknown said...

I have had heartburn with every single pregnancy and it is awful! I have been known to sleep in the sitting position (and it doesn't even help)!!

It's a miracle though-- as soon as baby comes out... heartburn is GONE! At least for me that's how it worked!

ps.
and none of my kids had a full head of hair!

Candi and Skeet said...

I had it awful with my last pregnancy and nothing helped... this time around I am down a gallbladder and my OB has okayed the use of Protonix. It works wonders!! I hope you can find some relief soon! (oh and Avery did have a lot of hair so maybe it's true??)

Madeline @ Food, Fitness, Family said...

I am dreading the day I get heartburn for the first time - so far it has just been the EXTREME nausea (hyperemesis basically) and EXTREME fatigue. Haha. Oh the joys of pregnancy! Can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl when she comes :)

Lani said...

Bummer! A girl I work with has had heartburn since her first trimester and her stories have made me so grateful I don't have it. Hope it's short-lived!

Music Box